The Specs on this Android TV box are exactly what you need for live streaming. My T95K Pro Review checks out the performance and looks at the Pro and Cons.
There is another version of this box which is powered by Android 7.1, but this Android 6.0 version is well equipped and has just what you really need but at a price that won’t break the bank.
This review is for the pure version which means it doesn’t come with any third party apps installed. It does have the Play Store installed so you can easily install any apps that you want.
It has a very colorful design and is a far cry from some of the black Android TV boxes that are flooding the market. My instincts tell me this box could be a very good investment.
Review for the T95K Pro TV Box
Price: $64.99 + FREE shipping
Best place to buy: Amazon
Product size: 8.3 x 6.2 x 2.2 inches
Weight: 1.1 pounds
Connections: Ethernet & WiFi
Guarantee: 1 year
Amazon US rating: 3.5/5
Who Manufactures this TV Box?
This is another OEM (original equipment manufacturer) box which means it is shipped to external suppliers who can brand it with their own name. It is manufactured by a company called Benstartech out of Shenzhen in China.
They have more than 30 Quality Control staff who ensure vigorous testing is carried out and procedures met with expectations. These tests include the following:
- Material inspection and test
- SMT control point inspection
- Solder control point inspection
- PCB clean control point inspection
- Test line control line inspection
- Assembling control point inspection
- Packing control point inspection
They have 9 years experience producing these OEM TV boxes.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x Smart 4K TV box
- 1 x I/R remote
- 1 x HDMI cable
- 1 x User guide
- 1 x Power adapter
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa Core Cortex-A53 2GHz
- GPU: Mali-T820 MP3
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB eMMC Flash storage
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Power Indicator (LED): Power ON :blue
- Case: Plastic
- Dual Band WiFi: 2.4GHz/5GHz
- 3D graphics acceleration
- Supports Decoder format: VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
- Supports *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file
- HD MPEG1/2/4, H.264, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10
- Supports Media format: Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
- Supports Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
- Supports Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
- 2 x USB 2.0 supports U DISK and USB HDD
- Card reader: TF/SDHC/MMC cards
- HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
- Supports Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
- HD video output: SD/HD max. 1920×1080 pixels
- OSD type of languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multi-lateral languages
- Ethernet: Standard 10/100M/1000M , Gigabit RJ-45
- Mouse/ Keyboard: Supports mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
- HD 2.0 up to 4k2k Output with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2,2, 4Kx2K@60 max resolution output 4K2k hd decoding: 4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output
- Supports :1080P/AV/3D, Dolby
- SPDIF/IEC958 : Optical
- Bluetooth 4.0
This box was benchmarked on AnTuTu and scored just under 40,000 which is pretty standard for the S912 SoC. There was no problem installing apps from the Play Store and the 2GB of RAM will allow you to multi-task between apps.
It has a notification bar on the bottom of the screen but if you hide this it’s not possible to bring it back without re-starting the box which is a bit of a disappointment.
It played all high-res files very well and the games also worked without any issues. The visual graphics look great with this TV box and it supports 4K resolution very well.
The remote control is pretty generic but you can program buttons as you see fit. It still doesn’t add to a very good UX so I would recommend using an air mouse or wireless keyboard with track pad. If you are going to use it for gaming you can hook up your game controller.
It has a clean memory feature which will free up any cache and it also comes with a software updater function which should update automatically over-the-air (when you are online).
Pros and Cons
Things I liked
- Price is competitive for these specs
- Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band WiFi
- Colorful design with LED time display on front
- 2GB + 16GB memory
- Performance with video playback
Things I didn’t like
- The LED lights on the front are quite bright
- No ventilation slots for heat dispersion
- No external antenna
- Remote is very slow to operate
T95K Pro Reviews on Amazon
The box only has a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars based on 12 customer reviews. It has this low rating due to a few poor reviews which may not be entirely due to the box itself.
I have shown a couple of extracts for reviews below. You can read all of the reviews here.
T95K Pro vs T95Z Plus
There is virtually no difference between the specs for these 2 boxes. In fact, I can’t find any difference at all. The same OEM supplier even ships both of them at the same price at time of writing.
The design is very different with the T95Z designed as an octagon shape. The T95Z does tend to have better performance but the average review rating is the same on Amazon.
Free TV Apps: Kodi or Mobdro?
Both offer a similar service but Kodi is far more flexible. You can pretty much customize Kodi to suit your preference, but Mobdro is more limited. More and more people are switching to Mobdro due to the legal onslaught against Kodi but the fact remains, both are accessing content that is deemed illegal in many countries.
You can read more about the implications of accessing these streams on my other article and why you should start using a VPN with Kodi or Mobdro free apps.
Alternatives to the T95K Pro
At this price you have a few alternatives to choose from and you can get a TV box with similar specs. The links below will re-direct you to my review for each box and you can decide which one best suits your needs.
Both of these TV boxes have 3GB of RAM and offer a better alternative for the same price, in my opinion.
I hope this T95K Pro Review has helped you to decide if this is the box for you! If you are still on the fence and would prefer to wait for a Special Promotion Deal why not sign up to our Free Newsletter? We won’t spam you but you will be the first to get notified when Flash Sales come online.
If you sign up you will automatically be entered into our monthly Free Prize Draw and you could win anything from a TV box to a VPN subscription.