This Egreat A10 Android TV Box will give you so many options. Blu-Ray compatibility and a SATA drive are just two of the functions that make it stand out.
It feels like an injustice calling this a TV box. It is so much more than that. It is not cheap but it’s not your typical Android media player. It has more connections than I have ever seen on one of these boxes and you can even hook up two SATA drives at the same time.
If you are heavily into media players this is a serious contender for multi-functionality and you probably wouldn’t even need to set up a Flex Server. Their on-board media player organizes all of your content for you!
My Review will take an in-depth look at all the great things it offers. Let’s get into it.
Review for Egreat A10 Android TV Box
Price: $299.99 + FREE shipping
Best place to buy: Amazon
Product size: 31 x 25.5 x 6.6 cm.
Guarantee: 1 year
Amazon US rating: 4/5
About Egreat, who are they?
Egreat are another tech company who operate out of Shenzhen, China. There isn’t a lot of information on the Egreat website but they seem to have a solid reputation.
They only manufacture the A10 and the A5 Media Players. The A5 TV box has less specs than its big brother and there is no internal SATA drive. The A5 is priced at $209 on Amazon.
When I first saw this box I thought it was way too big, but then I saw what it can do! It has a nice brushed metal casing and comes with a built-in cooling fan and you can control the temperature settings yourself.
Packed with an internal SATA drive which is neatly hidden at the front by a hinged panel, it also has HDD connectivity at the back. A nice LED status display on the front which shows the time and other status settings like WiFi, 4K, etc.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x A10 Media Player
- 1 x I/R Remote control *
- 1 x AC Power cable
- 1 x SATA Cable
- 1 x HDMI Cable
- 1 x AV Cable
- 1 x User manual **
* The remote control is probably one of the best I have seen with a backlight which comes on when you use the remote. This is obviously useful if you are in the dark and want to use it. Unfortunately, there is no air mouse or keyboard so you are still faced with the same old problems and would probably be better off with a wireless keyboard.
** If you are a bit of a novice when it comes to Android TV boxes, they have included a very nice user manual which is very detailed and should keep you right for setting up the box and using it.
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- CPU: Hi3798CV200 Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz, ARMv8-A architecture with multimedia accelerator engine Neon, built-in hardware JAVA accelerator and hardware floating point co-processor
- GPU: ARM Mali-720 3D support
- 2GB of DDR3 RAM
- 16GB of Flash storage
- Gigabit Ethernet 1000M RJ45
- Dual Band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Bluetooth 4.0
- File System: EXT3, EXT4, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, GPT
- HiVXE2.0 video decode engine
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile@Level5.1 High-tier, 4Kx2K@60fps and 1x1080p@30fps parallel decoding
- H.264 AVC BP/MP/HP@L5.1
- H.264/AVC MVC up to 1080p@30fps
- VP9 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- VP6/8 up to 1080p@60fps
- MPEG1 up to 1080p@60fps
- MPEG-2 SP@ML,MP@HL up to 1080p@60fps
- MPEG-4 SP@L0-3,ASP@0-5, supports GMC, supports Short-Header format up to 1080p@60fps
- AVS JiZhun Profile@6.0, AVS-P16(AVS+), up to 1080p@60fps
- VC-1 SP@ML, MP@HL, AP@L0-3, up to 1080p@60fps
- Video support: MKV, ISO, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, DAT etc.
- HDR10 support for graphics and display
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, PGS, SMI
- Audio Decoder: MPEG L1/L2
- Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus Decoder-Converter/Dolby True HD
- DTS HD/DTS M6
- Dolby Digital DTS passthrough
- AAC-LC, HE AAC V1/V2, APE/FLAC/OGG/AMR-NB/WB
- Dolby MS12 decode & sound effect
- HE-AAC transcoding DD(AC3) support
- Audio support: APE, FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA, MP3, AMR, MID, OGG etc.
- Picture Decoder: Full HD JPEG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels
- PNG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels
- Picture support: JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.
- Language: English, Simplified Chinese etc.
Let’s start with the benchmarks. It scored just over 40,000 on AnTuTu Benchmark which is decent and on a par with the Amlogic S912 SoC. Other benchmarks were slightly higher than the S912.
It handles Kodi with ease and with 2GB of RAM this was to be expected. Netflix will only give you 480p so no HD there. It has a nice onboard media player and you will get all your movie posters well organized.
It displays file types too so you can differentiate between Blu-Ray and other files. Why bother with Plex when you have something as good as this?
Bluetooth functionality will allow you to connect a games controller and the games also played very well.
Egreat A10 Best Price
I checked most of the online stores and they are all similar. You can get it 99c cheaper on Amazon than Geekbuying or Gearbest stores and I would definitely recommend Amazon.
You know what you are getting with Amazon and if you did have any problems with it they have a great Refunds Policy which stand out from a lot of other online stores.
The A10 on Amazon ships to most countries which is another plus point. A lot of these Android TV boxes don’t ship Worldwide from Amazon so I was pleasantly surprised to see this.
Egreat A10 vs A5
This is just a quick comparison to show what the two devices offer and any major differences. Both offer 4K functionality and DTS passthrough. The A10 has 2 external antennae but the A5 only comes with one.
|Egreat A10||Egreat A5|
|SATA HDD Bay||Yes||No|
|USB ports||1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0||1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0|
Normally I would offer alternatives to any Android TV box but the A10 has so many connections and support, the only one I can think of that comes even close to it is the HiMedia Q10.
This also comes with an internal HDD SATA bay. Read my review of the HiMedia Q10 Media Player.
The Egreat A10 Android TV box is definitely one of the most advanced I have ever reviewed. It’s a bit of a shame that it’s not on Special Offer just now, but if you sign up to my Free Newsletter I will notify you when any Flash Sales come online.
You will also be automatically entered into all of our Free Prize Draws each month. This month we are giving away a 2 year VPN subscription with PureVPN. I do recommend you take advantage of their Special Price of $2.44 if you are going to be using the A10 with Kodi or another free app.